Our terms and conditions comprise the agreement between us. Please ensure you read these terms carefully as failure to read them is not a defence in law.
- Your agreement with Northumbria Classic Car Hire
On booking you agree to all terms set out in the rental agreement. Please ask if anything is not clear. We allow 14 days from date of booking if cancellation is required- after this period the terms are binding.
- Insurance Terms and Conditions
•Drivers aged between 25 and 75 inclusive. 75-79 referred to insurers. Sorry, NO exceptions for under 25.
•No more than 6 points on their driving licence. We will need to refer the following unspent conviction codes:
•BA, CD, DD, DR, TT, UT, XX
•Held a driving licence for not less than 3 years Licences allowed:
•UK, EU, USA, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, EEA Only. (Incl Swiss)
•We will need to refer more than 2 claims ( accidents/loss) in the last 3 years.
•Not subject to any mental or physical defect or infirmanity or suffered from fits or major medical complaint.
- Rental Period
This is the period shown in the agreement. You must return the vehicle within this period as your insurance is only valid for the agreed rental period. Failure to return in this period will also be charged at the advertised rates for the extended time.
- Obligations of the lessee / driver
In case of an accident:
- Vehicles must be left secure and any alarms set.
- Please be aware that any damage caused by others which cannot be claimed will be your responsibility-park carefully and drive carefully!
- You must not allow any other person to drive, sell or rent the vehicle.
- Damage caused by using incorrect fuel is your responsibility and will be chargeable.
- Damage caused by carelessness- e.g. hitting speed bumps or kerbs will be chargeable.
- If any fault develops on the vehicle during the hire then we must be notified immediately. Continuing to drive when a fault has been identified and not reported will be your responsibility.
- Vehicles may not be used to tow other vehicles; to exceed official speed limits, or for use on race or rally track events.
Tickets and cost
The tenant is fully responsible. All penalties or tickets for example: parking, speeding or other as well as towing cost, or cost of official confiscation, and the like have to be paid by the tenant.
All drivers must pay a deposit with a credit card, If damage is found upon return, the deposit will be retained as deductible by us.
For cancellation less than one week before day of rental, a fee of 50 % of the rental will be due. For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to day of rental, the full rental fee has to be paid.
Payment is made by credit card (VISA, MasterCard), or bank transfer.
Vehicles must be returned fully fuelled. Otherwise falls beside the cost of fuel and a refuelling fee of 50 GBP will be charged. In case of refuelling with lower or wrong fuel quality, we charge a fee of 500 GBP for the draining and refilling.
- Our responsibilities
We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard. We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.